OUR ART THERAPISTS
Buvenasvari Pragasam's experiences include:
- Adults with past difficult experiences such as anxiety, grief, sexual abuse, etc
- Youths with complex trauma, under the Ministry of Social and Family Development
- Elderly in nursing home settings, with dementia and other chronic medical conditions
- Students with specific learning differences (SpLD), also known as dyslexia
Boo Xu Ning's experiences include:
- Children, teenagers, and adults with complex trauma
- Adults struggling with addiction
- Special needs educator
- Research Assistant with MOE Psych Branch
Art therapy is an evidence-based mental health profession that seeks to improve mental wellness and actualize human potential. At Solace, our team is comprised of professional art psyhotherapists in Singapore that specialize in dealing with youth, pre-teens, adolescents, and adults with complex trauma. In each of your art therapy sessions, our experienced art therapists will be present and working together with you to focus on your specific concerns and better your mental health.
Through the use of art making, we are able to offer a wide range of effective and expressive mental wellness services such as workshops, individual art psychotherapy sessions and group therapy sessions.
Do note that art therapy is part of psychological services that is similar to counseling services. The key difference is that art is used as a tool of communication during sessions to facilitate verbal and non-verbal communications. While counseling and psychotherapy may be closely related, the two are separate and distinct mental health professions.